Today, cosmetic dentistry is becoming increasingly popular, especially for young people. Since they always want to look and feel good, they go to cosmetic dentists to see what they can do to help them achieve that perfect smile. Cosmetic dentists have received extensive training in the use of dental materials and in the concepts of smile design, all of which they use to help their patients achieve their aesthetic goals. And so, in some cases, cosmetic and restorative dentistry has overlapping points.
However, cosmetic dentists focus more on aesthetics rather than restoring teeth to optimal function. To achieve this goal, professionals must combine a good understanding of the anatomy of teeth and gums, the use of dental materials and a good eye as a result of extensive training and years of experience.
In addition to that, cosmetic dentists are expert communicators. Her profession involves communicating with her patients and coordinating with other dental professionals, such as laboratory technicians. So how exactly can a cosmetic dentist help you? It all starts with a visit to an aesthetic clinic. Choosing among the services offered by your trusted cosmetic clinic will help you achieve your goals.
- Dental examination. This should be the first step. In most cases, patients, especially those with underlying dental or health problems, such as discolored or missing teeth, should undergo a comprehensive dental examination. This will allow your cosmetic dentist to have a complete understanding of your unique circumstance and what it will take to get the results you are looking for. Your dentist will now list possible treatment options that can help you improve your smile. During this conversation, your cosmetic dentist should explain how each option works and how much it will cost, as well as a cosmetic medical procedure.
- Teeth whitening. This refers to treatments that can be performed at home or in a dentist’s office, designed to improve the color of a patient’s teeth.
- Composite link. This refers to the procedure in which the composite resin is bonded to the teeth to improve appearance and strength.
- Dental implants. These are used to replace the roots of missing teeth. Along with a dental crown, the implants serve as a replacement for missing teeth. Bridges are used to literally close the gap between two teeth.
- Veneers. These, on the other hand, are used to hide dental blemishes. Porcelain crowns can also be used for teeth that have suffered major damage.